Part-time position to support the EC for Every Body project.
Every Body Texas is seeking a Project Assistant to lead and support its EC for Every Body project. This position is based in Austin, TX and due to the requirements of the position, applicants must reside in or around the Austin area. This is a part-time, temporary position currently limited to an 8-month period. Position extension possible with continued project funding.
EC for Every Body Project
Every Body Texas used a portion of Title X special funds to launch the EC for Every Body project on February 16, 2022. This project created online resources for people across the state to learn where they could access free or low-cost emergency contraception (EC) in their area. Every Body Texas also hosts a “repro kit” request form on its website where anyone in Texas can submit a request to receive a repro kit by mail. Every Body Texas’s repro kits include:
- 2 doses of EC,
- 5 external condoms,
- 2 packets of personal lubrication,
- 2 pregnancy tests, and
- 1 informational guidebook in both English and Spanish.
Between February 16, 2022, and August 18, 2023:
- Repro kits were sent to 3,745 Texas residences.
- Requests were received from 128 of Texas’s 254 counties.
- Repro kit requests came from 58 of the 191 (49%) rural counties as designated by the Office of Management and Budget.
- Repro kits were sent to 266 of Texas's 1,209 municipalities.
Who We Are
At Every Body Texas, we work to ensure that every person in Texas can access safe, unbiased, high-quality sexual and reproductive healthcare by funding and training healthcare providers in a way that increases access for clients.
We strive to operate from a place of humility and inclusion keeping six values central to our work.
- Dignity: Each person has the right to make their own healthcare decisions.
- Access: There should be no barriers between people and the healthcare they want and need.
- Facts: When provided with complete, accurate information, people can make the best healthcare decisions for themselves.
- Equity: Each of us deserves high-quality sexual and reproductive healthcare, regardless of our identity, income or circumstances.
- Innovation: There is always a better way.
- Quality of Care: Clients deserve the best care and providers deserve the best support.
What You’ll Do
Your role in this project includes working directly with the Project Director and Policy and Project Coordinator to accomplish all project deliverables. This position will also work closely with members of Every Body Texas’s Communications Department.
Specifically, your work will center on:
- Working in collaboration with all Every Body Texas staff that support the EC for Every Body project.
- Processing and tracking repro kit requests to ensure all valid requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Packaging and shipping repro kits.
- Tracking and responding to returned repro kits.
- Monitoring the project e-mail inbox.
- Supporting volunteer and outreach activities, including traveling to events outside of Austin.
- Planning and creating social media content to market the project across various platforms.
- Supporting inventory management.
- Additional administrative responsibilities as needed.
Who You Are + Keys to Success
You are a person who recognizes the urgency of this moment in sexual and reproductive health and are moved to support efforts that ensure people can access the sexual and reproductive health services they need and want. You may have a background in sexual and reproductive health including providing direct services, volunteering, or advocacy. You understand that people exist at various intersections of their identities and how those inform their engagement in and access to sexual and reproductive health services. You understand the principles of reproductive justice and seek to actualize them through your work. You are open to learning, growing, and giving and receiving feedback.
To be successful in this position, you are someone who can effectively:
- Build relationships: Able to connect with other Every Body Texas project staff and volunteers to promote the objectives of the EC for Every Body project. Able to engage with external partners to coordinate efforts and coordinate volunteer opportunities.
- Communicate: Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and have great customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Adapt: Able to work in a fast-paced environment, can adapt to situations, can prioritize multiple work assignments simultaneously and is comfortable with the uncertainty of developing new projects and processes.
- Take initiative: Able to recognize a need, seek answers, and solve problems both individually and in teams.
What Else You Should Know
This position is a part-time (up to 25 hours a week), temporary position up to eight months with a possibility for extended work depending on project funding. Starting pay is $19/hour.
Selected candidates for this position must:
- Successfully complete a background check including proof of an active driver license and good driving record.
- Have reliable transportation to transport large shipments of repro kits to the post office. Mileage reimbursement at the federal rate is available for travel that is required to complete the responsibilities of this role.
- Be able to life and carry up to 30 lbs and the ability to frequently transport large shipments of repro kits to the post office.
This position is not eligible for benefits; however, our organization offers numerous days off in addition to typical holiday.
This position may include evening or weekend work depending on volunteering or outreach events that may be scheduled.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, September 6, 2023.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Join us as we work to bring high-quality sexual and reproductive healthcare to everybody in Texas.